Do you snore loudly when asleep? Do you have a headache, and does your mouth feel dry upon awakening? A study shows that one out of three people suffers from sleep apnea in Singapore.
If you are experiencing the said symptoms, there is a high chance you have sleep apnea. Confirm your suspicion by seeing an ear, nose, and throat specialist. They can assess your condition with their expertise and treat it appropriately.
Below are some quick facts about sleep apnea that you should know.
1. Sleep Apnea Comes In Three Different Forms
Obstructive, central, and complex. These three different forms of sleep apnea occur differently. Here are their differences:
- Obstructive sleep apnea – Too relaxed throat muscles
- Central sleep apnea – when the brain fails to send proper signals to the respiratory muscles
- Complex sleep apnea – refers to the combination of obstructive and central sleep apnea
2. At Any Age, Sleep Apnea Can Develop
That means anyone, even infants, can develop sleep apnea in Singapore. Children frequently develop sleep apnea due to large tonsils and adenoids blocking the airway.
3. Age Is A Factor In Sleep Apnea Development
Like other health problems, the likelihood of developing sleep apnea increases as people age. See an ear, nose, and throat specialist to determine whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
4. Sleep Apnea Frequently Goes Undiagnosed
It happens because most people believe that snoring is normal and has nothing to do with sleep apnea. In reality, loud snoring is highly associated with sleep apnea.
Instead of guessing if you have sleep apnea, you should get consulted at an ENT clinic in Singapore. Doctors there will run several tests to know the truth about your snoring problem.
5. Someone With Chronic Sinusitis Is More Prone To Sleep Apnea
To treat these two health problems, an ENT doctor will conduct sinusitis treatment in Singapore before treating sleep apnea. This approach is more effective than treating both at once.
6. To Some Extent, Genetics Can Cause Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is also hereditary, like other health problems. If one of your grandparents or parents has sleep apnea, you are more at risk of developing this condition.
Are you looking for affordable sleep apnea and sinusitis treatment in Singapore? Get treated at a reliable ENT clinic in Singapore, like ENT Surgeons! With their years of experience in treating ears, nose, and throat, you can rest assured that you will feel healthier in no time.